First Time Visitor?

Be sure to visit Pop Up Lessons/How To Books

to review the basic techniques of pop up making.

Fun and Fresh Books & Craft Supplies

Jul 1, 2010

Stars, and a few stripes

Is it really July already? Here are some quick star designs to whip up for (American) Independence Day, or just because!

Patriotic 3D Starflake

Follow the instructions from wikihow. In step 3 I made only two cuts instead of three. I used glue instead of staples to attach the units to each other.

patriotic 3d snowflake

Lucky Stars

I need to practice these a little more before I try to fill up a whole jar with them.

lucky stars

Five Pointed Origami Star

The secret is to start with a pentagonal shaped piece of paper. Folding instructions.

origami star

Spiky Star

I think these look like fireworks! Instructions here.

porcupine ball flower

Easy Star Spinner

Another idea from Canon. I cut my stars from assorted papers and card stock.

3d star

Star Ball

star globe

Download (PDF), print and cut out stars or create your own. You will need 12 stars.

star globe

Assembly is the same as the flower sphere.

star globe

star globe

Star Spinner

More about this design by Ramin Razani.

Ramin Razani spinner

Extreme Cards and Papercrafting: pop up cards, movable cards, digital crafts and unusual papercrafts.

3 comments:

Helen said...

Yeab, I woke up this morning and asked my husband the same question. Is it July already? Love all the stars. For the lucky star, if you use a tweezers to make the points it'd be easier on your fingers. Have you seen these stars

http://helenmade.blogspot.com/2009/10/another-origami-star.html

Margit Ammentorp said...

All theese stars makes me looking forward to christmas, they would look nice on my christmas tree.
Thank you.

CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Cricut Freebies Search List, under the Elements post on Jul. 01, 2010. Thanks again.