First Time Visitor?

Be sure to visit Pop Up Lessons/How To Books

to review the basic techniques of pop up making.

Fun and Fresh Books & Craft Supplies

May 20, 2009

GREAT Origamic Architecture Instructions

I hear from lots of readers about how frustrated they are with the sketchy directions in Origamic Architecture books.

This week I've been reading through Laura Badalucco's book, Kirigami. It has the best introduction to the basics of O.A. that I have seen anywhere. She devotes an entire chapter, thirty pages, to technique!

See?

No surprise, it's out of print. Geez. But not so old that it's impossible to get your hands on a copy. I'm hoping to find one for list price ($16.95) but maybe I'm dreaming. [UPDATE: Just ordered it for $10.76, including shipping! Woohoo.]

4 comments:

Marivi said...

I agree with you but the book "The Paper Architect" that we (Ingrid Siliakus, Joyce Aysta and Marivi Garrido) have recently published, has excellent instructions to make each of the 20 cards. We have worked very hard on this subject to bring crafters easy and complete projects to do. I think that all the OA books in the past were translated from Japanese and maybe this was the problem. Besides this art was not as universal as it is now.
You have a wonderful blog!!
Marivi

cpeep said...

DOH! [smacking head] Thanks for the reminder.

I haven't gotten my hot little hands on The Paper Architect yet! It's on my list to buy.

Folks, if you don't already know it, Marivi's work is amazing. I'm sure this book is worth the investment.

PaperKing said...

I have a copy That I got for Christmas, Ironicaly that is the book that got me started into papercrafting! I will have to ask where my mom got it, but I think it was @ Amazon.com...
Ill see!

Anonymous said...

There are reasonably priced copies at ABEBOOKS. I just ordered one!