As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Easter Card Ideas

Every now and then I like to take a peek around and see what other card makers are up to. Here are some of my favorite Easter designs from around the web.

There's always something wonderful at Cornerstone Pyrography and Pop Ups. Hop over and look at her perfect miniature Easter lilies.

Her bunny is made with scenery flats. But you could easily adapt the design to "pop" with either simple boxes or boxes cut separately.



This lamb design by beanpole books uses a combination of scenery flats and simple boxes. Beanpole offers this design in GSD format for the CraftRobo.



Wouldn't it look great with a cover like this one by Celebration Moments?



Here's another idea, from Bible Kids Fun Zone, using the simple box. I'm not a stamper, but I bet there are some animal stamps that would be perfect for this design. How about a basket weave pattern stamp? Does that exist?



The next one, by Sketch & Jones, is intended to be a place card. To make it, I would mark a center line on a card stock circle (or paper plate). Draw a bird with its feet on the center line and cut it out, without cutting the feet off the center fold line. Fold the circle in half (without folding the feet) so the bird stands up. Cut a slit in the bird and add a wing if you like.




There is a tutorial for this slider card on Fiona Carter's blog.



I'm fascinated by the penny spinner used on the last design, posted on Webshots by cidarenyae.


I recommend the tutorial here or here.

Check out the three little chicks design at Marzycards.

The mechanism used to pop the chicks is the simple box.

I also like her chirping chick made with two V-folds.

There is a printable version of the chirping chick at the Mouse Club.

That's it for today! I'm off to make a Naked Mole Rat Gets Dressed card. Uh...yup.
Extreme Cards and Papercrafting: pop up cards, movable and mechanical cards, digital crafts and unusual papercrafts.