As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Making Kaleidoscopes in Photoshop

Change a photo from this

to this

photoshop kaleidoscope

Download the free Mehti Kaleidoscope 2.1 Plug-In.

Drag (or Copy/Paste) the file into your Photoshop Filters folder. I use Photoshop Elements so the path looked like this (yours may vary slightly). C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 7.0\Plug-Ins\Filters

Open Photoshop. Open a photo. Click on Filter. Scroll down to Mehdi. Hover on Mehdi to pull out Kaleidoscope. Click on that. A tool box will open. Experiment with the sliders until you like what you see.

Here are a couple more I made.

kaleidoscope

kaleidoscope

I needed three different pictures to make the flexagon in Esther K. Smith's new book, Magic Books & Paper Toys, which I'll show in my next post.