First Time Visitor?

Be sure to visit Pop Up Lessons/How To Books

to review the basic techniques of pop up making.

Fun and Fresh Books & Craft Supplies

May 29, 2008

Completed 7 Flower Throw Down




In search of some inspiration for the seven flower pop up card throw down.  Luckily, a gardening catalog came in the mail the other day, just full of beautiful bulbs, including these lilies. Even the Artiste in the house said, "Hey, did you draw these? They're pretty good." That's high praise from a teenager, right?

Okay, Mel, throw me your best bouquet. I assure you {wink, wink} mine looks much, much better in real life than in the pictures. Check out mine, check out Mel's . Leave a comment on either site to vote. May the finest flower win! Scroll to the bottom of the post to leave a comment. Click where it says "[some number] Comments" to go to the comment page. You can post as "anonymous" if you don't have a google account.



16 comments:

Mel M. M. M. said...

I vote for you! That is stunning! I put too much adhesive on mine (should have listened better!) The colours on your flowers and their shape and the way they open! Just gorgeous. I'm going to have to case you (and use less glue!) Thanks for the challenge. It was tonnes of fun, :0) mel

Dizzy Broad said...

For the actual pop up flower - I vote for cpeep. But for the card design (background and embellishments), I vote for Mel. Did I just cancel out my vote by doing this? :-) Ladies, they are both gorgeous! Thanks so much for sharing.

Annapurna said...

I have to vote for you just because the flowers look real and it does look like a real bouquet. But cut Mel some slack. This is her first try at this and you have mastered it.

cpeep said...

We are both playing to our strengths :). Good thing it wasn't an embellishment throw down!

Anonymous said...

WOW WOW what a beautiful bouquet of lilies!!!!
You are totally amazing with your pop up cards. :)

Linda
lbowman

Scrapbookmama said...

hmmmm I love yours but Mel's card had me saying OHH MMYYYY... WOW oh wow... now do I dare try this.. hmm OH GOSH...:)

you guys throw down for real!!!


-Ellie

Anonymous said...

These are both so beautiful! As a totally craft-challenged person I take my hat off to mel and cpeep for creating such lovely things. I'll vote for cpeep because I like the brightly colored flowers.

rosemary said...

Ooo, these are really nice! I love action cards, and pop ups are the best. I've gotta vote for these lilies because they seem so real, and so beautifully balanced! Nice work!

Teza said...

OMW!!! These are both just gorgeous!!! I love the colors Mel chose, but I really do have to vote for Ceep as I love the different colors flowers!!!

Karen said...

Wow-
Cpeep- I am so impressed. Lovely colors and dimension.

Sandy (rec) said...

I think your card is fantastic! Your flowers look so real.

Deb said...

Wow! I vote for yours. The details you put into the flowers themselves, and the sheer color and number...just wow.

Deb in AR (RCS)

Monica-FC said...

I vote for you. your flowers look more real and they are nice and bright which caught me eye. love both cards though as i never seen anything like this before.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card, the flowers look rea.

Sherri in TN

Ina said...

Good Job! :)

Anonymous said...

Awesome! I made a card using the pop-up 7 flower concept. Mine was like pre-school compared to yours. Your flowers are so realistic! Love it!